Nine Cities – 5 Days – 24 hour Busking – Cancer Research UK Charitable Event
Alexandra is a renowned professional electric violinist from South Yorkshire. She performs at many corporate, public and private events, including festivals, theatres and weddings throughout the UK e.g. Glastonbury in 2013-2014.
Alexandra’s charitable focus is cancer research, raising money either directly through guest performances or through her own charitable mechanism of ‘Runaway Brides’.
To busk in 9 cities over 5 days with a minimum of 24 hours total busking time, surviving solely on donations, giving all profits to Cancer Research UK. Monies will be generated through donations from the public at street performances, or through ‘Just Giving’ at www.justgiving.com/Alexandra-national-busking-tour-challenge
Starting the journey with:
- No money at all, apart from £10 that can only be used for parking in the first city.
- One full tank of fuel
- One can of petrol for the generator
- Busk for a minimum of 24 hours
Sunday July 21st – Day 1 – Leeds – 9.30am – 12.30pm
– Harrogate – 14.00pm – 16.00pm
Monday July 22nd – Day 2 – Middlesborough-10.00am – 12.00pm
– Newcastle -13.30am – 16.30pm
Tuesday July 23rd – Day 3 – Carlisle -11.30pm – 15.30pm
Wed July 24th – Day 4 – Manchester -10.00am – 13.00pm
– Sheffield -15.00pm – 17.00pm
Thurs July 25th – Day 5 – Barnsley -10.00am – 13.00pm
–Doncaster -14.30pm – 16.30pm
Promotion and sponsorship
- A blog of the experience will be available on YouTube and on Alexandra’s website at www.femaleviolinist.co.uk
- The general public are invited to tweet @3lectricviolin and make comment with #I’veseenAlexandra.
- Local radio in each city will be offered interview
- Local Authorities are asked to donate parking to Alexandra in each city for the duration of the performance
- A number of hotels are kindly offering sponsorship to maximise the donations
- Rutland Hotel – Sheffield
- Crown Hotel – Bawtry
Keep checking the blog for further updates